(Updated 15th February 2017)
Use of Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site:
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us.
(b) to administer our website services.
(c) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
(d) to analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the website and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
(e) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(f) Where you have agreed that we may do so, we may keep you informed of products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions, warranties, insurance and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
3. If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us, you can opt-out when you submit your details or you can unsubscribe at any time by sending us an email as described in section 18 below or by signing in and changing your preferences on our website.
4. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
5. We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
6. We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
7. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from information in our customer records. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
8. Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of your information
9. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to employees and agents of us and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by us now or in the future.
(b) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
(c) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
(d) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(e) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
11. We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
13. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
14. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible.
15. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request (see contact us below).
16. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact Us.
17. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from the Multimediaworlduk.com mailing list?
18. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com with the word "remove" in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
How do I change any details stored on Multimediaworlduk.com?
19. To change any of your registered details on multimediaworlduk.com, click on "sign in" and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown.
For further information about shopping on multimediaworlduk,com, please read our terms and conditions.
Changes to policy